We all have our go-to dinners. The ones we turn to when we need something on the table in less than half an hour that we barely have to think about. Well, this my friends, needs to become one of those dinners for you. It couldn’t be easier and it couldn’t be more delicious either. It’s a quick baked method that turns out buttery, lemony, garlicky, CRISPY shrimp every time. So simple and just so very good – it’s a real winner.
You start by putting a bit of butter and white wine in your baking dish and let it bubble in a hot oven for a few minutes to form a sauce.
While that’s happening you toss some shrimp in butter, lemon juice, and garlic. (If you use frozen shrimp that are already ready to go, it makes this even easier!)
The shrimp lay down in that buttery wine sauce…
… and get topped with a mixture of Panko breadcrumbs, a little more butter, and some Parmesan cheese. (So there’s butter in every step… that’s just how you know it’s going to be good. Super good.)
Bake until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crispy and the shrimp is pink but cooked through (and infused with plenty of garlic butter).
It’s a recipe you don’t really need to measure for – you can use a little less butter there, a little more lemon here, a little extra garlic if you feel like it (always) – and it will still turn out amazing. That, coupled with the extremely delicious flavor and crispiness, makes it perfect for dinner on the fly. It’s certainly a family favorite, but it’s special enough that it works for company too.
Magic Crispy Baked Shrimp
Serves 4; 5 minutes prep, 25 minutes cook time
For the shrimp:
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and divided
- Juice from one lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pour wine and 2 tablespoons melted butter into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Place in oven for 10 minutes to let sauce reduce.
- Add remaining butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Remove baking dish from oven and spread out shrimp in a single layer, though they should fit snugly together.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping and bake until shrimp are opaque but still pink, 12 minutes.
- Broil on high up to 2 minutes to encourage browning. Top with fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin Eats.