Delicious dinner on the table in under 20 minutes?! It doesn’t get better than that!
We don’t cook that often with shrimp, but after making this amazing (and amazingly easy!) dish, we’re kicking ourselves for not making it more! Seriously, there’s nothing better than a delicious dinner that comes together in under half an hour, so you don’t have to spend your free time sweating to death in the kitchen after an already-long day. We cut corners here by using frozen shrimp – although fresh would be lovely – then whipped up this flavor-packed sauce to cook the shrimp in. Pure perfection.
With a honey and soy sauce base, the sauce is really the MVP of this meal, coating the shrimp and making us want to scrape our plates clean. We loaded it up with tons of garlic, then added a dash of ginger to round things off. Toss everything together in a hot skillet and voilá! You’ve got a healthy, delectable dinner that’s a breeze to make…you’re welcome!
Honey Garlic Shrimp
Serves 4 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined), thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- green onion, garnish
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- rice, garnish
- broccoli or asparagus, garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger until thoroughly combined.
- Heat sauce in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp to hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or shrimp is warmed through and sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve hot, with rice and veggies of your choice.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction