This make ahead breakfast gets a makeover you’re going to love…
It’s pretty safe to say that hash browns are one of those yummy breakfast foods that most of us typically save for the weekend. Personally, we love to eat them, but browning potatoes with hot oil on a stovetop can get pretty messy, which is not exactly the ideal weekday morning situation, particularly when most of us move at warp speed during the week. That’s precisely why we got so excited when we came across this fantastic casserole recipe that’s all about hash browns, but it can be made ahead with no fuss!
You will quickly discover that this isn’t your average dish, as it’s got not only cheddar cheese, but tangy sour cream (that goes so well with potatoes). The recipe also calls for something a little more unexpected…it’s a hard one to guess, so we’ll go ahead and tell you – it’s a can of condensed celery. We think that’s a pretty brilliant call, because it’s such a simple way to add tons of flavor and creaminess! Don’t you love it when that happens with an ingredient that’s so easy to get your hands on?
Just when you think it can’t get any better, the whole thing is topped off with crushed Ritz crackers, which add e a perfectly crunchy contrast to all that soft and gooey flavor underneath. This is such an easy dish to make ahead of time and freeze, portion off for a quick grab-and-go weekday breakfast, or for a memorable breakfast or brunch get-together. With this delicious casserole, we want you to know that you have plenty of quick and convenient options that are guaranteed to fill your stomach and make your taste buds extremely happy!
Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 (32 oz.) package frozen cubed hash browns
- 1 (16 oz.) package sour cream
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of celery or chicken soup
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1/3 cup (5-6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup ritz crackers, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 strips bacon, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together sour cream, celery soup, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and melted butter, then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Fold hash browns into mixture, then transfer to greased baking dish. Top with crushed ritz crackers, then place in oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Southern Plate