ONE DAY LEFT: Win a Crock-Pot 6-Qt Express Pressure Cooker! →

Tessica Brown is a TikTok user who recently learned a very hard lesson. When she decided to replace her hairspray with the spray version of Gorilla Glue, we knew that this would lead to serious problems. Little did she know how serious they would be.

A few days ago, Brown issued a message to her followers on TikTok. She has been wearing her hair in the same style for a month now and this was not a decision that she came to on her own volition. In most instances, Brown says that she prefers to finish with some hairspray, as a means of keeping the ‘do in place.

When she ran out of hairspray, she elected to use the Gorilla Glue as a replacement. Anyone who has ever used this glue for various projects can probably relate to the feelings of dread that we are all going through right now. Those who work with wood, stone, foam, metal, and glass are all shaking their heads at this insane choice. A heavy-duty polyurethane adhesive should not be used on hair.

Photo: TikTk / im_d_ollday

A “bad, bad, bad idea” this was, in her own words. We wish that she would have thought of this ahead of time. She’s now unable to wash her hair or brush it in any meaningful way. The blunder has gone viral on TikTok and Twitter, as neither app can get enough of this story. It’s the sort of thing that seems made up until you actually stop to watch all of the videos that tell the story.


Stiff where????? Ma hair 🤬🤬

♬ original sound – Tessica Brown

The Gorilla Glue Company eventually ended up Tweeting her some advice. They said, “Hi there, we are sorry to learn about your experience! We do not recommend using our products in hair as they are considered permanent. You can try soaking the affected area in warm, soapy water or applying rubbing alcohol to the area.”

Photo: TikTk / im_d_ollday

It’s possible that she mistook Gorilla Glue for any number of other hair care products, such as Got 2b Glued Blasting Freeze Spray and Moco de Gorilla Hair Gel. Since permanently gluing her hair, she’s tried a number of things to undo the damage – and finally ended up in the emergency room.

Photo: Instagram / im_d_ollady

The hospital was unable to help but did send her home with supplies to try and use. To help cover the costs of the visit, she also started a GoFundMe with a goal of $1,500 and blew that goal away by raising over $10,000 in less than a day.

She hasn’t yet gotten all the glue out of her hair, but we’re wishing her the best in the process!

Subscribe to 12 Tomatoes