Mashed potatoes can be the side dish that brings a meal together, but the time and effort that goes into making them (peeling, boiling, cooling, chopping, mashing, stirring interminably) can be more than a little off-putting. As the fates would have it though, mashed potatoes are still an integral part of any good meal, so we came up with a way to make them with a fraction of the effort! Slow cookers really never cease to amaze us and we let them do all the work for us; 5 minutes of prep, later followed by a few minutes of mashing and stirring, and you’re done!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Take peeled potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Place in slow cooker.
- Add garlic and chicken broth and cook on high for 4 1/2 hours or on low heat for 8 hours. Potatoes should be fork tender.
- Mash potatoes and add half-and-half, cream cheese and butter.
- For extra creamy potatoes, use beaters to mix until potatoes are smooth and everything is incorporated.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Dinner MomSKM: below-content placeholder