Truffles are a deliciously easy and elegant treat that you can make at home, and are the perfect bite-sized treat to give as gifts or keep for yourself! If you need a quick, homemade gift that everyone will love and that you can cater to a wide variety of preferences these chocolate coconut truffles are perfect! This recipe is also really fun if you’ve got little kiddos who want to chip in; they’ll feel so proud scooping out the coconut balls and won’t be shy when it comes to coating them in chocolate plus they’ll get to reap the rewards when the time comes to scarf down these goodies! For a sweet the whole family will enjoy, try these truffles!
Chocolate Coconut Truffles
Yields 4 dozen
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut, shredded, plus extra as desired for rolling
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Pour shredded coconut and salt into food processor and pulse until smooth. Then add in butter.
- Drizzle in condensed milk and vanilla extract, and pulse until a sticky dough forms.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar, pulsing continuously, until dough ball forms.
- Roll dough out and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold and hard. About 1 hour.
- Grind extra shredded coconut in food processor and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds, stirring at 30-second intervals, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using a spoon, scoop equal-sized balls of coconut dough and dip them in melted chocolate.
- Immediately transfer truffles to bowl of shredded coconut and roll them around, pressing the coconut to adhere to truffles.
- Set truffles to rest on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and let cool completely before serving.
Optional: you can coat the coconut dough in melted white chocolate, before rolling in coconut shavings, if you’d like two truffle options.
Recipe adapted from FoodSKM: below-content placeholder