We all love receiving flowers. They’re beautiful, colorful, and a great surprise to get during the day. While they are beautiful, flowers don’t last. Eventually, they’ll shrivel up and die. When this happens, most of us will take it as a cue to wash out the vase.
However, this isn’t always an easy task. Many vases have long necks or are curved, so you can’t really get in there to properly clean the bottom. This can cause build up in vases and just lead to an overall gross appearance. But with a genius cleaning hack, you may just be able to get in those hard to reach crevices that are in your flower vases.
And we can’t get over how easy this is! It’s a very simple couple of steps that don’t require many materials either.
Here is what you will need:
– neodymium magnet (or any very strong magnet)
– box cutter
– needle and thread
Here are the steps:
1. Cut a standard sponge down to the size of the magnet. Make sure that it’s not too large or else it won’t fit into the vase’s opening.
2. Use the box cutter to cut a hole in the sponge.
3. Place the magnet inside.
4. Use the needle and thread to close it up.
5. Then repeat all the steps for the second sponge.
6. Once you’ve created your two magnet sponges, you then can begin to clean your vase easily and not miss any spots!
You can watch the video below:SKM: below-content placeholder