Today we’re sharing a great, simple tuna steak recipe fresh from the grill. We wanted to keep the flavors light and delicious. The natural flavors of the steak should shine through with the added benefit of the flavors absorbed from the grill. For our tuna, we coated the outside with garlic and lime to keep a light acidity to the dish, while adding japaleno gave the tuna a delightful little kick. Keep reading below for our favorite grilled tuna recipe…
Grilled Tuna Steaks
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded, de-veined, and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tuna steaks (about 8oz each) 3/4″ thick
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a gallon zipper-lock bag. Add the tuna steaks, then seal and refrigerate until the fish has marinated fully (at least 1 and up to 24 hours).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grill grate.
- Remove the tuna from the bag. Grill over direct heat until well seared and grill marks appear (about 1 1/2 minutes). Flip the steaks over and grill on the second side until the fish is cooked to about medium (opaque throughout, but translucent at the very center when checked with the point of a searing knife) or about another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted fromAll RecipesSKM: below-content placeholder