Decadent and Low-Fat Dessert Recipe: Fudge Brownies
Brownies are always a yummy treat (sometimes made in the middle of the night), but they’re obviously not considered health food. In order to not feel guilty if we get carried away and eat oneor fourtoo many, we switched to making this low-fat fudge brownie instead. It tastes amazing, not at all like you’re skimping on the good stuff, and doesn’t weigh you down in terms of calories!
Yields 16 servings
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, flax seeds, baking soda and salt, and mix together.
- Microwave butter and chocolate together (in a microwave-safe bowl), stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted chocolate, yogurt, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate/yogurt mixture, pour in water and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out (almost) clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before eating.
Recipe adapted from In Sock Monkey Slippers