So flavorful, plus, it practically cooks itself!
We absolutely adore this colorful take on traditional chili. This is a meal packed with hearty vegetables that really transform chili expectations. Squash, eggplant, and mushrooms add heartiness and great texture. Occasionally we will make this with ground beef, but to help keep it on the lighter side, our go-to is ground turkey, well seasoned for additional flavor. All we need to do is chop up the veggies and brown the meat, then toss everything into the slow cooker. By dinner time, we have a hearty and delicious chili to serve up to our very hungry crowd. We set out some fun toppings, like sliced avocado, sour cream, and cilantro, and slices of lime, so everyone can customize their chili, then grab a spoon and dig in!
Slow Cooker Turkey Veggie Chili
Serves 4-6 minutes
4 hours, 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bell peppers of any color, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup squash, diced
- 1/2 cup eggplant, diced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground turkey in skillet over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients, one at a time, to slow cooker. Stir well to blend.
- Cook 4 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW. Give a generous stir prior to serving and top with favorite chili toppers, like sour cream, cilantro, or green onions.
Recipe adapted from Baked By Rachel