A few basic ingredients combine to create a light but filling masterpiece.
We love quick and easy dinner recipes, especially when they’re this flavorful. This amazing chicken, tomato and mushroom bake only took us 30 minutes to throw together, and the family adored it! A few basic ingredients combine to create a light but filling masterpiece.
We baked a layer of chicken tenderloins beneath garlicky mushrooms and onions and ripe tomato wedges and then topped it with a simple balsamic dressing. It’s tender, juicy and full of flavor. We sprinkled ours with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil right before it finished baking to give it even more herby goodness. Serve it with pasta or rice or keep it low carb and serve on a salad. Either way, it’s so easy and so delicious!
Tomato, Mushroom and Chicken Bake
Serves 6; 30 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless chicken tenderloins (or thin chicken breasts)
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, wedged (or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- 5-6 large basil leaves, torn (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13-by-9-inch casserole with cooking spray.
- Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in small fry pan. Sauté mushrooms and onion 5 to 7 minutes until tender. Add 1 clove minced garlic. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Place chicken in bottom of casserole dish in a single layer. Spread sautéed mushrooms over chicken. Top with tomato wedges.
- In a small bowls, whisk 1 tablespoon olive oil with balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup water. Add in minced garlic, a pinch of salt and black pepper, whisk again to combine. Pour dressing over chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and, if desired, top with Parmesan cheese and basil. Continue baking for 5 minutes, to melt cheese.