If you think a loaf of banana bread packs too many calories, think again! This sweet bread mixes two of our favorite fruits — strawberries and bananas — into one delicious recipe that’s a little more nutritious than the classic, but still just as tasty. It’s perfect at breakfast or brunch, or as an after-school snack with the kids. The Greek yogurt makes this bread super moist while adding a bit of protein as well, which is always a bonus. We use fresh strawberries and ripe bananas for a sweeter bread without a lot of sugar. In about an hour our kitchen smells like heaven, and we have a tasty snack the whole family loves!
Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Pound Cake
1 hour 15 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottom only of a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Set this mixture aside.
- In another large bowl, combine brown sugar, bananas, strawberries, eggs, vanilla extract and yogurt. Mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pour the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients, and mix until blended well.
- Bake in oven about 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Insert toothpick or knife into center; if it comes out clean, bread is done.
Recipe adapted from Closet Cooking