Fresh veggies with a great dressing makes this quinoa salad absolutely delicious!
At the end of a hot summer day, the last thing we want to do is turn on the oven. We prefer dishes that require as little cooking as possible on those days, and there are only so many ways to make a salad. This recipe combines our favorite salad veggies with filling, protein-packed quinoa for a satisfying alternative to typical salads. It’s fresh and light and bursting with summer flavor, and it’s hearty enough to serve as the main dish at dinner. We also love to have this cool and refreshing quinoa garden toss as a side when we’re grilling. It’s easy to throw together, and it doesn’t heat up the kitchen!
Quinoa Salad With Cucumbers and Peppers
Serves 4 to 6; 30 minutes
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 small English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (optional)
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers in large bowl. Add parsley and basil. Toss with prepared quinoa.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard and honey in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over quinoa and veggies. Sprinkle with (optional) green onions, and enjoy!