For when I want to feel indulgent without the guilt, these are my go-to 🙂
Cut the heaviness of traditional potato pancakes by combining potatoes with cauliflower in these tasty cauliflower potato fritters. Whenever we make these, we feel like we’re being indulgent, but really, these fritters are packed with healthy ingredients. My kids wolf them down, and I just smile when they ask for more, since they aren’t even aware that it’s cauliflower they’re begging for. These yummy fritters are quick and easy to make, so you’ll want to come back for more cheesy goodness again and again!
Serves 8 45 minutes
- 1 pound cauliflower (approximately 1 head)
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chives
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, then shred them finely. Chop off the individual florets of the cauliflower and run them through a food processor, pulsing until they're pea-sized.
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower and potatoes together. Add the onion, eggs, flour, green onions, salt, pepper, parsley and cheese, and mix thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a flat-bottomed skillet and preheat the oven to 250º F.
- Form 3-inch patties from the cauliflower mixture and place them in hot oil. Cook each patty for 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden-brown and crunchy.
- Place each finished patty on a baking sheet, and place baking sheet in the oven to keep patties warm. Snip chives over the top of the patties, and serve them immediately with sour cream.
Recipe adapted from Real House Moms