We love caramel fudge as a fantastic winter time treat. This yummy confection brings a pleasing aroma to our kitchen while invoking feelings of holiday shopping at our favorite local candy store. We adore this recipe because it’s easy, only has five ingredients and takes just 20 minutes of prep time before going into the fridge. Just boil a few ingredients on the stove top, mix them together, spread out this tasty treat and then cool the mixture for several hours in the refrigerator. Caramel fudge is great for party favors, snacks at the office, a bake sale entrant, a treat for friends that drop by and gifts for any time of year. The smile on your family’s faces makes this recipe totally worth it!
30min to prepare serves 24
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can condensed milk, 14 ounces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar, compacted
- 1 cup white chocolate, in small pieces
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces. Set aside for later.
- Line base and sides of an 11-by-7 inch slice tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add butter, maple syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar to a medium-sized saucepan. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and becomes an ordinary brown color.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add white chocolate pieces, and stir quickly to combine thoroughly.
- Quickly pour mixture into lined tin. Smooth out the surface of the fudge with a knife.
- Place tin of fudge in the refrigerator to cool for at least six hours or overnight. Cut into 2-inch squares after cooling completely, and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Create Bake Make