It might look a little…extreme, but we promise you this stuff is amazing!
Not only is this cranberry millionaire salad totally delicious and addictive, but it’s also the prettiest color, which we adore. (We love when our food looks just as great as it tastes, so this salad is a definite win for us.) Those two facts combined make this dish absolutely perfect for the holidays; watch, if you bring this to any party in or around the holiday season, people will go crazy for it! It’s sweet, fruity and refreshing, and no one can resist once they take that first bite.
With fresh cranberries as the base of this “salad,” we start off by making a homemade cranberry sauce, then later mix in Greek yogurt, marshmallows and pineapple, among other things, to create a dish unlike any other. It’s perfectly seasonal, but we look forward to making it all year…try it and you’ll see why!
Cranberry Millionaire Salad
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together cranberries, sugar, water, orange juice and cinnamon stick. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer mixture for 10-12 minutes, or until mixture has thickened and reduced by half. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine thickened cranberry mixture with yogurt, marshmallows, pineapple, coconut flakes and pecans in a large bowl, and toss together until fully incorporated and coated.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes, or until chilled, then serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies