Not everybody is a fan of mint. We are, but some people associate it exclusively with gum and toothpaste, so this might not be a recipe that’s totally up your alley. If you do like mint, or are open to its various uses, the mojito is a great, refreshing cocktail that cools you down and wakes up your taste buds!
This is a fun recipe, regardless of whether or not you include the alcoholwe always encourage a ride on the mint train, so you can substitute the rum with ginger ale or sprite. Perfect for a backyard bash or for when you want to remember those outdoor fun times (when it’s too cold to go outside), this is a classic that will get you going!
- 8 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz. white rum
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz. club soda
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- limes slices, garnish
- In a shaker, combine lime juice, sugar and mint leaves.
- Using a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler, gently press the mint leaves to release its oils. (This gives the drink the strong minty flavor, not just the presence of the leaves.)
- Add rum and shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a glass filled partially with ice and add club soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices.
Recipe adapted from Inspired TasteSKM: below-content placeholder