Have you ever cut an onion like this?
This story originally appeared at Do You Remember by Ileana Paules-Bronet.
Onions are one of the worst foods to cut. Not only are they round and somewhat slippery, they also make your eyes water.
The more slices you make, the more you start to tear up, making cutting nearly impossible. That said, onions are absolutely delicious, and they add such great flavor to other dishes.
How To Cut An Onion
1. First, cut both ends off the onion using a sharp knife. Before slicing, make sure your cutting board is secure; the best way to do this is to place a moist cloth underneath the cutting board.
2. Once you’ve discarded the ends of the onion, slice it in half from end to end.
3. After cutting the onion in half, take the peel off the outside layers.
4. Place the onion half flat-side down, then make slices almost all the way through. Make a cut every centimeter or so.
5. Very carefully, make one cut horizontally through the onion.
6. Finally, cut down into the onion. As you slice, the diced pieces will fall away.
This is clearly the best way to dice an onion, but most people have never seen it before! Not only does this cut down on the number of cuts you have to make, it also gives you perfectly sized onion pieces.
Have you ever cut an onion like this? If you think this is a clever way to dice onions, don’t forget to share this article with your friends!SKM: below-content placeholder