One run to your pantry and you could have this dessert in no time!
Yes you heard us correctly: these sweet and salty treats require absolutely no baking! In fact, the hardest part of making this amazing dessert is waiting for it to set before serving, but trust us, it is well worth the wait. And as if we needed any motivation to make this…we go no further than the pantry for all of the ingredients. Once everything is put together, all we do is sit back and relax, content with the knowledge that an amazing treat awaits us.
One of our favorite – and most unexpected parts – of this dessert is using graham crackers mixed in with the peanut butter. While we could make a specific graham cracker crust, then pour the peanut butter over the top, we really enjoy the substance the graham cracker crumbs add, making it a little more filling, without being too cloying. We prefer creamy peanut butter over chunky, but feel free to use whatever you like best. Ultimately, topping peanut butter with chocolate is always a good idea, so whip this up and enjoy!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Serves 12-16; 10 minutes active; 2+ hours inactive
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 sheets) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place graham cracker squares in a large, resealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the crackers until broken into crumbs. Pour crumbs into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour melted butter over graham crackers, then add powdered sugar and vanilla, stirring to incorporate. Stir in peanut butter and mix until fully combined. Pour into lined baking dish.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. For more peanut butter flavor, add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Spread melted chocolate over the peanut butter batter and chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. To serve, allow pan to warm slightly before cutting into squares.