Source: Chocolate Bark by charityUSA on Rumble
Some people balk at the idea of a union between chocolate and potato chips, but we think it’s a perfect pair…salty, sweet and totally delicious! If you thought that was a lot to take in though, buckle your seatbelts, ‘cause there’s way more happening in this chocolate bark than just the addition of chips – we also put peanut butter, caramel sauce and caramel candies in there to really shake things up and boy, are we glad we did! This is an easy, crazy addictive dessert that no one can deny, so get yourself to the grocery store and whip it up!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
- 30 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 caramel candies
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take your crushed potato chips and set them near your work station.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 20-second increments, stirring in between each, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Fold crushed potato chips into melted chocolate and stir until they’re all evenly coated.
- Pour chocolate potato chip mixture into your lined baking dish and use a rubber spatula to spread out.
- Combine peanut butter, caramel candies and heavy cream in a medium saucepan and, stirring frequently, cook over medium-low heat until smooth and combined.
- Remove from heat and drop spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into chocolate.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top, then drag a knife through the peanut butter clusters (up and down; side to side) to get a marbled effect in your bark.
- Once you’ve gotten the pattern you like, place bark in the fridge or freezer and chill until chocolate is set and hardened. At least 1 hour.
- Remove bark from refrigerator, cut or break into small pieces and enjoy!
Recipe adapted fromRecipe SnobsSKM: below-content placeholder