If you’ve been looking for an über comforting dish that is soon to become one of your very favorites, look no further. We were inspired by the classic chicken pot pie, but knew that we didn’t want to mess around with a top and bottom crust, no matter how yummy. Which led us to this chicken pot pie bubble up. Have you ever had a bubble up before?? We remember how our minds were blown when we tried our first one, so now we’re passing along its greatness to you.
A bubble up is a type of casserole that has cubed biscuit dough incorporated throughout. There’s typically a rich and creamy sauce, some form of protein and veggies, and then those delicious pockets of dough that perfectly punctuate each bite. Since this is a pot pie bubble up, we’ve got all the staples: chicken and peas and carrots. But let’s talk about the sauce for a minute, okay? While a traditional pot pie has a homemade, roux-based sauce, we decided to take a little, delicious shortcut to get a thick, flavorful sauce that would save us time and give us tons of bang for our buck.
Basically, this “sauce” is a combination of sour cream and McCormick® Simply Better Chicken Gravy. This ready-to-serve gravy saves you tons of prep work time, so you can get this addictively delicious bubble up in the oven and on the table. Pairing it with the sour cream makes for a balanced, flavorful sauce that coats everything and complements all the other ingredients. It really kicks this dish up a notch, ensuring you’ll make it again and again. Plus, the Simply Better gravy is made with McCormick spices, and has no artificial flavors or added MSG.
Looking to find McCormick Simply Better Chicken Gravy? Find it at a store near you here.
Pot Pie Bubble Up
Time to Prepare: 1 hour
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 (6 oz.) cans refrigerated biscuit dough, cut into small pieces
- 1 (12 oz.) package McCormick Simply Better Chicken Gravy
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, frozen or thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ground thyme or thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme, garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded chicken, chicken gravy, frozen peas and carrots, and sour cream.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, and stir in thyme and garlic powder, then fold in biscuit dough.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Biscuits should be cooked, puffed up and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from The Cookin’ ChicksSKM: below-content placeholder