Horseradish is one of those polarizing ingredients that folks just have to share their opinion on. If you’re not a fan, then this spread is certainly not for you. But, if you love the bold and spicy flavor of this root veggie, then this recipe is bound to be a new favorite. Made with just a handful of ingredients, this spread takes only minutes to make… and tends to disappear just as fast. Kick up the heat at your next get-together by giving this recipe a try!
Start out by slicing a block of velveeta cheese into small cubes. These will be heated in a saucepan and fully melted into molten cheesy goodness. Then, add the mayo, horseradish, and hot sauce right to the pan and stir everything together. I use Crystal hot sauce, but feel free to go with your personal favorite.
While the spread is still warm, you’ll want to transfer it to your serving dish, or an airtight container if you’re making it ahead of time. Serve it up with your favorite bread or crackers, spread it on a sandwich, or use it as a condiment for grilled meat. There’s no wrong way to enjoy this Cheesy Horseradish Spread!
Cheesy Horseradish Spread
10m prep time
- 1 (2 lbs) package velveeta
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 (6.5 oz) jar prepared horseradish
- 2-3 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- Slice velveeta into small cubes.
- Add velveeta to a large skillet or saucepan over low heat. Stirring often, cook until fully melted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in horseradish, mayo, and hot sauce.
- Transfer spread to serving dish or container of your choice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Sweetlittlebluebird.com