Cheesecake is one of our favorite desserts, but it can be frustrating to make sometimes, since it’s so finicky. (Jagged cracks ruining the beautiful surface, we’re looking at you.) One thing that’s not at all finicky is this delicious recipe for lemon blueberry cheesecake bars. With a crust that takes five minutes to make, a filling that’s creamy and delicious (and that you won’t have to worry about cracking), and a topping that’s the easiest thing you’ve done all day, these bars are the best way to boost your mood and ring in the warm weather. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
20 minutes active; 2 hours inactive
- 2 sleeves graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, garnish
- fresh blueberries, garnish
- fresh lemons, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F (and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper).
- Place graham crackers in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Drizzle in melted butter, then add sugar, and pulse again until combined.
- (Alternatively: place graham crackers in a large, resealable plastic bag, seal, then use a heavy object to crush crackers into crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl and stir in melted butter and sugar until combined.)
- Pour crust mixture into (lined) baking dish and press it down firmly into an even layer, making sure to reach into the corners.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat together softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until combined and fluffy.
- Gently fold in frozen whipped topping using a rubber spatula, then pour mixture over cooled graham cracker crust, spreading it into an even layer.
- Pour blueberry filling on top of cream cheese layer, carefully spreading it out across the surface.
- Place baking dish in fridge and chill for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Once chilled, slice into bars, garnish with zest, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from From Valerie's Kitchen