These are so easy to whip up, we’re not going back to store-bought!
So much thought goes into the foods we eat and the meals we make for our families, so it seems only right to give our furry friends the same consideration; we don’t like not knowing what goes into our dog’s store-bought food, so we decided to start making out own dog treats – you can customize the ingredients based on what your fur babies need, and then sit back and watch them devour their homemade snacks! These banana apple pupcakes are easy to make, but they’re even more fun when you use this adorable dog bone muffin pan…are they not the cutest thing?!
Order Your Dog Bone Muffin Pan Here!
First and foremost, make sure to check with your veterinarian to be sure of what foods your dog can have. We know our pup is fine with everything we put in these pupcakes, so these dog bone muffins were a no-brainer. Once you do that, because these treats come together super easily and are inexpensive to make, you can (continue to) spoil your dog rotten and feel confident about what your pup’s eating!
Banana Apple Dog Treats
- 3 1/4 cups oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup all-natural applesauce
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons smooth, natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dog bone muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place oats and baking powder in food processor and pulse until finely ground and combined.
- In a large bowl, mash banana until mostly smooth and stir in water, applesauce, peanut butter and honey.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just combined, then transfer mixture to dog bone muffin pan.
- Place muffin tin in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving to your pups.
Recipe adapted from FoodSKM: below-content placeholder