We put so much love into the food that we prepare for our human family, so it seems only right to give our furry friends the same consideration; we don’t like not knowing what goes into our dog’s store-bought food, so we decided to start making our own dog treats – with customized ingredients based on what our fur baby needs. We love to sit back and watch them devour our homemade snacks! These banana apple pupcakes are easy to make, but they’re even more fun when you use this adorable paw print muffin pan…are they not adorbs?!
Order Your Paw Print Muffin Pan Here
First and foremost, make sure to check with your veterinarian to be sure of what foods your dog can have. We know our pup is fine with everything we put in these pupcakes, so these paw print muffins were a no-brainer. Once you do that, because these treats come together super easily and are inexpensive to make, you can (continue to) spoil your dog rotten and feel confident about what your pup’s eating!
Banana Apple Pupcakes
- 3 1/4 cups oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup all-natural applesauce
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons smooth, natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- paw print muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place oats and baking powder in food processor and pulse until finely ground and combined.
- In a large bowl, mash banana until mostly smooth and stir in water, applesauce, peanut butter and honey.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just combined, then transfer mixture to paw print muffin pan.
- Place muffin tin in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving to your pups.
Recipe adapted from Food