Potato chips are a guilty pleasure of ours, but we don’t even have to feel guilty about these! Sweet and spice-y, these sweet potato chips are way healthier than the kind you grab at the gas station check-out, so you can dig into a huge bowl and feel good about the nutrients you’re getting. Seeing as they’re baked instead of fried, these chips make a delicious snack that’s good at any time and won’t derail your meal plan…plus, there are only two essential ingredients (sweet potatoes/potatoes and olive oil), so it’s basically the easiest thing we’ve put together in weeks. Win-win!
Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Using a mandolin, vegetable peeler or a sharp knife, thinly slice sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle salt and olive oil (and brown sugar or paprika, if using) over the potatoes and toss so that each is evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes out in an even layer on a baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping over in the middle, or until sweet potatoes are crisp and edges are browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with another pinch of salt (optional), then serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted fromMinimalist BakerSKM: below-content placeholder