Sometimes the simple things really are the best things. That certainly rings true with these Brussel Sprout Bacon Bites! Made with just a few ingredients, they’re the perfect appetizer to whip up for the holidays. I mean, who could resist the delicious blend of savory, smoky, and cheesy goodness? Guests are sure to come back for seconds… and thirds!
To start out, make sure to remove any discolored outer leaves from your sprouts. Toss them in a bit of oil and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Next, you’ll arrange them sliced side down on a sheet pan, and bake for 12-14 minutes. This step ensures that the brussels sprouts are tender and perfectly caramelized.
Now comes the best part! Slice your bacon into roughly 1-inch pieces and crumble the cheese into small bites. Once the sprouts have roasted, remove them from the oven and flip them so that they are sliced side up. Top each sprout with cheese and a square of bacon. To hold it all together, pierce each bite with a toothpic, then pop them back in the oven for another 12-14 minutes until the bacon is good and crispy. Serve them right away for the best results. And get ready for everyone to ask where the next tray of them is hiding!
Bacon Brussels Sprout Bites
10m prep time
28m cook time
- 8 oz fresh brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 3-4 bacon slices, raw
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Trim the base of the brussel sprouts and peel off any outer layer that has browned, then slice in half.
- Toss the sprouts in olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange sliced side down on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- As the sprouts bake, cut bacon into ~ 1 inch squares and slice or crumble cheese into small portions.
- Remove the cooked sprouts from the oven and flip so they are sliced side up.
- Top each sprout with a portion of cheese and a square of bacon and pierce with a toothpick to hold together.
- Return to oven for 12-14 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and crispy.
- Serve right away for the crispiest results!
Recipe adapted from Eatthegains.com