Sometimes salsas are just too soupy and overpoweringówe like more of a fresh veggie element to our dips, so we decided to try this spicy corn salsa. If you like spice, youíll love this recipe as is; if you donít love it, leave the jalapeÒos out of the mix. You canít go wrong either way.
This salsa is fresh and invigorating, and the perfect accompaniment to any main course. Itís as great on top of a southwestern-style salad, as it is eaten by itself. Pico de gallo, or your typical chunky tomato salsa is tasty, but this recipe is a really nice way to change things up a little. Share the love with corn and let it shine in this quick dip!
Spicy Corn Salsa
- 3 cups corn, cooked and off the cob
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 1-1 1/2 jalapeÒos, seeds removed, diced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine corn, tomatoes, onions, jalapeÒos and scallions. Toss together.
- Add cilantro and chili powder and pour lime juice over the top. Mix well.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from Yummly