This recipe is a fresh and filling chicken Caesar wrap that transforms the beloved salad into a mess-free, portable sandwich! Wrap sandwiches are perfect for sending in lunchboxes or enjoying at the dinner table, and the great thing about this one is that it’s packed with lean protein and greens. This is a great choice if you have leftover chicken and want to do something interesting with it, or if you’re looking in your fridge and trying to pull what ingredients you have into something cohesive. (Cut out some of the prep work by using the old bottle of Caesar dressing that you always forget you have!) For a meal that kids and grown-ups alike will approve of, this recipe’s for you!
Chicken Caesar Wrap
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2-4 spinach (or plain) tortillas
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Drizzle a medium pan with olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and when the oil is hot, add chicken to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Let chicken cool, then slice into 1-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper, and mix well.
- Whisk continuously and drizzle in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add chopped romaine, cubed chicken and Parmesan into Caesar dressing. Toss to coat.
- Lay out spinach tortillas and spoon chicken mixture into the center.
- Take the edge closest to you, lift it up and roll it away from yourself, over itself.
- Fold in the ends and continue rolling. Slice in half and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Baked By Rachel