Who doesn’t love making a full dinner all in one dish? This casserole is packed with chicken and potatoes (and bacon), so it’s got great flavor and is really the only thing you need to fill your family up in the evening; serve it by itself or with a side salad or veggie and you’re good to go!
We love dishes that take care of multiple elements of a meal, so this casserole is perfect for that, plus it’s got a rich blend of spices that really make this chicken mouthwateringly good. Drizzle some of that leftover seasoning on to the potatoes, add some bacon, and this is seriously delicious! You can make this for dinner any day of the week, just know that you don’t have to dedicate a crazy amount of time to working in the kitchen in order to get a great meal, try this and see for yourself!
Bacon Chicken Potato Casserole
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 8 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place potatoes (in an even layer) in baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Season both sides of chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic powder, paprika and cayenne. Take each piece of chicken and dredge it in the spice mixture.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer to baking dish and rest chicken on top of potatoes.
- Whisk remaining olive oil into spice mixture and mix until smooth. Then drizzle over browned chicken and potatoes. Top with crumbled bacon.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from FoodSKM: below-content placeholder