This sugary, nutty cookie combo will make it impossible to eat just one!
The holiday cookie countdown is ON! And we’ve got a sweetly simple cookie recipe that is sure to delight the cookie lovers on your list. We’ve added two ingredients that add a pop of texture and flavor to a very simple cookie: raw sugar and whole roasted pecans. This recipe is so easy and so quick, you can have a delicious homemade treat ready in a snap. While most of this is made with pantry staples, two extra ingredients at the grocery store are more than enough to make this cookie amazing.
You’re sure to “make your mark” with this cookie: use your thumb to make a dimpled impression at the top to provide a perfect holder for any topping you choose. We particularly enjoy this soft buttery cookie topped with a sweet crunchiness from the sugar. And the nutty bite of pecan adds unexpected substance to a humble little cookie. All it takes is a handful of ingredients to whip up a deliciously satisfying treat. We can’t think of a more simple way to bring a little something sweet to anyone special – including yourself!
Sugary Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
Serves 16-20 cookies; 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 16 whole pecans, roasted
- 1 cup sugar for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla for 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color.
- Set mixer to low then slowly add flour and a pinch of salt. Once combined, scoop out a spoonful of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball.
- Set out a bowl for the sugar. Dip each ball into the sugar, covering only the top half of the ball. Set ball on an ungreased cookie sheet and press thumb into center to create an impression.
- Place a single pecan into thumbprint. Repeat, leaving 2 inches of space between each ball, until all of the dough is used, making approximately 16-20 cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool before serving.