Just six ingredients for this retro delight of a dessert!
Our Strawberry Shortcake Fluff Salad is one of those retro gems where the sum of the ingredients is infinitely greater than its parts. It’s just six simple ingredients, but together they make for a cool and creamy dessert that’s not really a salad in any traditional sense of the word but instead something that’s full of sweet and nostalgic flavor. It has the classic combination of fresh strawberries and cream that you know and love from strawberry shortcake and the vintage vibe of a fluff salad – so you might say it’s the best of both worlds!
It’s easy to love a dessert that requires no baking and takes just about five minutes to whip up, but it’s even easier when it tastes as delicious as this. If you love strawberry shortcake (and I very much do), then this will be right up your alley – it’s just more of a scoopable pudding-like version of it.
But unlike a classic shortcake, you don’t have to bake anything. This relies on store-bought angel food cake that you cube up and mix with strawberry pudding, cool whip, some mini marshmallows, and plenty of fresh strawberries. How’s that for simple?
All you have to do is stir and you end up with a “salad” that gives you spoonfuls of airy, creamy vanilla and strawberry flavor, tender cake, and plenty of chunks of juicy ripe fruit so that strawberry flavor comes through strong and true. It’s a delight to make and it’s a delight to dig into!
Strawberry Shortcake Fluff Salad
10m prep time
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant strawberry pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced or chopped
- Cut off any dark edges from cake and chop into bite-sized chunks.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until dissolved. Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Add marshmallows, cake, and strawberries. Stir gently until combined.
- Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Swanky Recipes.