These come together super easily and they’re so, so much better than what you’d find in a store…check ’em out!!
We used to be pretty basic when it came to snacks in our household: Ritz crackers, goldfish, pistachios…the usual. However, it wasn’t until we switched things up and tried thesecurried chickpeas that we realized how easy it was to turn something average into somethingtotally awesome!
So, instead of buying some fancified (and expensive) peanuts, we decided to roast our own and were blown away by how easy they were. A little – or a lot- spicy and packed with tons of flavor, this is the perfect snack to munch on throughout the afternoon, and all you have to do is toss your peanuts in some spices and throw ‘em in the oven…sounds good to us!
Spicy Roasted Peanuts
Yield: approx. 3 cups
- 1 pound unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and set aside.
- Place peanuts in a separate bowl and toss with vegetable oil, then sprinkle seasoning mixture over the nuts and toss until each is coated evenly.
- Spread peanuts out on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet and place in oven.
- Stirring occasionally, roast for 25 minutes, or until peanuts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread out in an even layer to cool, then store in an air-tight container.
Recipe adapted fromBrown-Eyed BakerSKM: below-content placeholder