Your family never needs to know how easy this tasty dish is to make!
You’ve all heard us talk about getting into a cooking rut before, so you know we like to have trusty backup options to keep us from getting bored with our meal routines. Slow cooker dishes mean more time to spend with our family, so anytime we can turn something into a throw-and-go recipe, we do – just like with this slow cooker creamy ranch chicken! Seriously, nothing is better than tossing your ingredients (including lots of veggies) in the slow cooker, then turning it on and being able to check out for a couple of hours while dinner cooks.
This recipe in particular is great because the main dish and the side dishes all cook together, so it’s truly a one-and-done meal. We love the flavor of ranch dressing, so it was a no-brainer to make that the main flavor of the meal. Along with some creamy chicken soup and a splash of half-and-half, we bulked things up and turned this into a complete meal by adding carrots and potatoes. What we came back to after we turned this bad boy on was a dish with a gravy-esque sauce and perfectly flavored chicken. Trust us, you’ll be making this again!
Creamy Ranch Chicken
Serves 4; 3+ hours
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 (23 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place baby carrots and cubed potatoes in slow cooker, then top with chicken breasts that have been seasoned generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir together soup, ranch dressing mix, half-and-half and paprika (if using) together until combined, then pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours (or on low for 7-8), until chicken and veggies are cooked through.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve hot, garnished with rice or noodles.