You won’t believe how easily this sauce transforms your meal from plain to perfection!
We love to host a good dinner party. Nothing super fancy, just a casual gathering between friends. The most important ingredient to any dinner party is a menu that’s easy to prepare. Easy doesn’t mean boring or plain, but food that can become more elegant with a few simple ingredients, and that doesn’t require a ton of extra work on our part. We love to add this béarnaise sauce to simple dinner party dishes.
Don’t let the fancy name fool you. This sauce is essentially egg yolk, butter, and tarragon all blended together. The creamy color and texture is accented by the green of the tarragon, and a pinch of cayenne gives it a little kick. We love the taste but also the little bit of “wow” that is added to the meal. You’re sure to impress your guests with this added flare to steak, fish, or vegetables. Enjoy!
Simple Béarnaise Sauce
Serves 1 cup 10 minutes
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Once melted, allow to cool slightly.
- While the butter cools, put egg yolks, vinegar, wine, salt, and cayenne into a blender. Turn blender on and slowly add the melted butter until mixture is thickened and emulsified. (Note: adding the butter too quickly will scramble the egg yolks.)
- Add in tarragon and pulse 2-3 times to incorporate into the sauce, then pour sauce into a dish and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Rita's Recipes