Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad. Now that’s a name for a dish that you definitely need to try if you haven’t already. Regular potato salad is great, we’re not brushing it off, but shout hallelujah potato salad?? It’s amazing. Looking at the ingredient list might seem a little daunting, but don’t even worry about it. Once you’ve got all your ingredients on hand, you just throw everything together and you’re good to go!
What are some these ingredients that make the list so long, you ask? Well they all play a hand in making the finished result what it is, so there’s that. We’ve got celery, red onion, green bell pepper, pimientos and sweet pickles in there, along with hard-boiled eggs (added flavor and texture), then we’ve got mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and all sorts of seasonings to round out the whole dish. While you could skip any ingredients you don’t like, we really love how everything blends together, and find that, once it has a little time for the flavors to build, it’s a powerhouse dish that people can’t seem to get enough of.
Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad
Serves 8-10; 15 minutes
- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) jar pimientos, drained
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup sweet pickles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeds removed, minced
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- smoked paprika, garnish
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl, along with hard-boiled eggs. Chop or lightly mash mixture, then season with salt and pepper. (Alternatively: cut potatoes and hard-boiled eggs separately, then combine in a large bowl.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, pickles, celery, red onion, green bell pepper, pimientos, parsley, jalapeños and hot sauce, if using.
- Pour mixture into into bowl with potatoes and hard-boiled eggs and stir together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly, then top with smoked paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Amanda's Cooking