And don’t skip the dressing – it ties the whole thing together!
While it might look like a slightly more extensive ingredient list than other dishes you might cook on a weeknight, let us assure you this dish really just consists of chopping up a bunch of veggies and then throwing together a super simple dressing. Toss it all together and throw it in the oven, then kick back and wait for your healthy and delicious dinner to be ready to chow down on. We got ahead of ourselves though: this is our sheet pan Greek chicken and we are absolutely obsessed.
All right, so this is basically a recipe that we packed a ton of veggies and nutrients into, with the addition of chicken, making it a protein-packed, full meal. Chicken, zucchini, eggplant, red and yellow bell peppers, red onion and olives are the base here – and you can feel free to swap in more of one or less of the other if you feel like it – and then we drizzle it all with a lemon Greek dressing that brightens up all the flavors and turns it all into herb-y, citrus-y perfection. While you could save 5 minutes by just using a store-bought Greek salad dressing, we always like to show people that making a homemade dressing takes basically zero effort and has an amazing pay-off – this one is a great example….
Just four ingredients (excluding salt and pepper), all you need is olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic to create a zippy sauce to coat your chicken and veggies in. Get all your chopping over with and put your main ingredients on a baking sheet – or two, if you want to meal prep – then pour the dressing on top of everything and toss it all together. Into the oven it goes and then you’ve got a full meal 20 minutes later. A tasty, great-for-you meal that everyone will love, might we add. You can choose whether you want to eat this on its own (highly recommend) or add it to something like leftover pesto pasta (also very tasty) – either way this meal is a total winner.
Easy Greek Chicken
Serves 4-6; 40 minutes
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 2-3 zucchini, cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled, or to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Arrange cubed chicken, potatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, eggplant, onion and olives.
- Drizzle Greek dressing over chicken and veggies, then toss everything together until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling