Quick, easy, and incredibly delicious.
If I ever tire of sheet pan meals, it will come as a real shock to me. They’re such an easy way to throw together a quick and wholesome dinner – arrange some veggies and a protein on a sheet pan, toss them in some oil and seasoning, and dinner is basically done. It’s a meal where the oven does most of the work for you and the results are usually wonderful, but this time we might have outdone ourselves. This sheet pan meal marries pillowy gnocchi with a bunch of vibrant veggies and savory browned sausage for an easy meal that’s both healthy and utterly scrumptious.
There’s a rainbow of bright veggies here – orange and yellow bell peppers, juicy cherry tomatoes, red onion, and bright fresh basil. And all you have to do is chop them up and spread them out on a sheet pan.
They’re joined by gnocchi and sliced Italian sausage – hot or mild, your choice. You’ll want to use the shelf stable gnocchi that you find on the pasta aisle. It crisps up beautifully right alongside the rest of the ingredients.
A little garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper is all this needs before it heads into the oven and in just under thirty minutes you’ve got tender, flavorful veggies, golden brown pillowy gnocchi, and hearty sausage all cooked to perfection on one sheet pan.
Crispy Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Veggies and Sausage
Serves 4; 5 minutes prep, 30 minutes cook time
- 1 (17.5 oz) package potato shelf-stable gnocchi (in pasta aisle)
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread out gnocchi, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and sausage on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss to coat gnocchi and veggies in the oil.
- Spread ingredients out in a single layer and bake until beginning to brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove, stir and spread back out in a single layer, and return to oven until golden brown and tender, about 10 more minutes.
- Toss with fresh basil, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Treaty.