A delicious cheeseburger almost always hits the spot, but sometimes standing over a hot grill can feel like a chore. This easy slider method, though, feels like anything but and it still will crush any cheeseburger craving. (These are juicy and totally delicious!) Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just for your family, it turns out a lot of cheeseburgers quickly and since it uses a sheet pan oven preparation, you don’t need to stand around flipping anything.
All you have to do is make your hamburger mixture – in this case ground beef, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper – and press it into a rimmed baking sheet.
You pop it into a hot oven and when the beef has mostly cooked through, you add some slices of cheese and return it to the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt.
Cut them down to size – if you’re using small dinner rolls, you’ll get fifteen sliders here…
… and top with whatever your heart desires.
This method makes burger night SO easy and it still turns out delicious juicy burgers. In other words, it’s a complete win-win! I love making cheeseburgers this way when we’re having friends over, but I use this method all the time when I’m just cooking for my own family too. It’s too easy not to!
Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Sliders
Serves 15; 30 minutes
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sliced cheddar cheese, as needed
- 15 dinner or slider rolls
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, salt and pepper, Worcestershire, and grated onion and mix until well combined.
- Press beef mixture into a 12x17-inch sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover with cheese slices and return to oven until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- With a knife or pizza cutter, slice meat into 15 square patties.
- Place patties on rolls with your favorite condiments and toppings, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Noble Pig.