Chicken nachos cooked quickly and easily but loaded with brilliant barbecue flavors!
Sheet Pan Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos are quick to make, and need more fanfare for their outright brilliance! Totally loaded with great flavors – seasoned chicken, bacon, red onion, tangy BBQ sauce, and a blend of cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese – these nachos are simply delicious. All you need to do is cook the meat and onions, then layer all the ingredients onto a sheet pan for 10-15 minutes melting time, and you’ll be good to go.
Sheet Pan Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos is a layered flavor explosion that you’ll end up making again and again because it tastes so yummy! Small cuts of the chicken, bacon and red onion will help everything cook faster, a helpful trick to a speedy meal. You may need two sheet pans as this does spread further than you might imagine. Top the tortilla chips with the chicken mix, a smoky BBQ sauce, and lime juice, then go wild with some three-cheese blend. Pop the nachos in the oven for 15 minutes, then spoon on some freshly pureed avocado and dollops of sour cream to finish off a spectacular sheet pan recipe.
I like to make my own chicken but you can make the recipe come together even quicker by using rotisserie chicken if pressed for time. This version creates a more flavorful overall result, which is worth an extra ten minutes and still keeps the cooking process well under 30 minutes.
You can add or take away whichever elements you want as well, it’s deliciously easy to mix and match flavors while adding ingredients that you love. Black beans, jalapeños, and even rice can be utilized in the ingredients list, while hotter spices can help bring these Sheet Pan Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos to life!
Sheet Pan Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos
10m prep time
25m cook time
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground chili
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small chunks, 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 strips streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bbq sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 16 oz plain tortilla chips
- 1lb plain tortilla chips
- 1 x 12 oz bag shredded 3 cheese blend
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, more as required
- 1-2 ripe avocados, pureed
- Garnish: 4 oz sliced jalapeno peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the herbs and spices in a small mixing bowl, then coat the chicken pieces thoroughly. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then cook the chicken, bacon, and onion for 7-10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden on both sides.
- Remove the chicken, bacon, and onion from the frying pan and set these ingredients aside.
- Combine the BBQ sauce and lime juice, then stir thoroughly. Take two sheet pans, and cover with tortilla chips. Layer the chips with chicken, bacon and onion mix, BBQ sauce, then cheese blend. Alternate layers until all of the ingredients are gone. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the loaded nacho sheet pans in the oven, and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and begun to brown on top. Remove nachos from the oven. Serve immediately with sour cream and pureed avocado. For spicier results, add chopped jalapenos on top as a garnish.
Recipe adapted from My Casual Pantry