There is something amazing about that classic combination that you get in a Snickers bar: sweet chocolate that melts in your mouth, gooey-chewy caramel, and crunchy peanuts. And ohhhh boy, when you wrap all of that in some cheesecake batter and bake it up? It’s extra amazing. This Snickers Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake is the stuff dreams are made up.
It’s a simple cheesecake to put together. The base is formed out of crushed Oreo cookies mixed with melted butter and the filling is just cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and chopped up Snickers. While it may be simple to make, the flavor is layered and robust. Crunchy chocolate cookies against creamy cheesecake dotted with chewy chocolate bites of candy.
While it’s delicious all on its own, you can go ahead and top it with some whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, another drizzle of caramel sauce, a few crushed peanuts, and even more chopped Snickers. They’re certainly not necessary but they add a pretty little touch and a whole ‘nother layer of crunchy-salty-sweet goodness.
Snickers Caramel Cheesecake
30 minutes active, 4 hours inactive
- 32 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 16 mini Snickers bars, chopped
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- For garnish (optional): mini Snickers bars, whipped cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F and lightly grease an 8-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and eggs, and continue beating until smooth. Gently fold in Snickers bars. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the crushed Oreos and melted butter. Press evenly into prepared springform pan, making sure mixture goes slightly up the sides. Pour in the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake until set, 35-40 minutes. Once done, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then let cool completely on a wire rack before releasing the rim. Set in refrigerator to chill for 4 hours.
- Once chilled, serve with whipped cream, additional Snickers, caramel and chocolate sauce, if desired. Enjoy!