It’s the quintessential summer snack: s’mores. We all have fond and funny memories associated with the most amazing trifecta of ingredients (graham crackers, milk chocolate, and marshmallows), toasted and melted together into the ooey-gooeyest of desserts. A summer evening on a camping trip or sitting around a backyard fire pit isn’t complete without a round or two of smores. We can make s’mores at home too and our pie version of this summertime classic is about as good as it gets.
S’mores pie is one of the best desserts we’ve ever had. It combines all of those classic ingredients, graham crackers, milk chocolate, and marshmallows into one amazing dessert. We like to think of this as the slightly-less-messy version of the traditional serving. With this recipe, you don’t need a campfire, just a warm oven and a round of forks to help dive into this sweet treat. This is a baking project well suited for the kiddos, who still want that s’mores experience but in the comfort of our own kitchen. And by the way, who can resist sneaking a few tastes of that wonderfully magical marshmallow fluff?!
This is a pie that can be served warm from the oven (a little cooling time is necessary to prevent any burnt tongues!) or cooled completely for a slightly less messy slice of pie. Our s’mores pie is perfect at any time of year, so even during the winter, when everyone dreams of warmer weather, a pie like this is the right kind of treat. A true s’more is so simple, just three ingredients make for the most amazing confection, and a s’mores pie is a slightly more “upscale” version of this summertime classic.
Serves 6; 30 minutes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (7 oz) container marshmallow creme
- 3 milk chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until just creamy. Add egg and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Stir in flour, baking powder, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Use clean hands to form dough into a ball. Divide dough in half. Press half of dough mixture evenly into base of prepared pie dish to create a crust.
- Spread marshmallow creme over top of crust. Top with a layer of chocolate squares followed by a layer of mini marshmallows.
- Separate second half of dough into smaller pieces and distribute over top of marshmallows. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool pie on a wire rack to set. Serve warm for softer s’mores or cool completely for a firmer pie consistency.