Because you just can’t have enough slow cooker soup recipes!
Is it possible to have enough slow cooker soup recipes in the roster? We don’t think so. On a blustery day, there’s nothing better than a hot bowl of comforting soup to warm the bones and there’s really nothing better than when that bowl takes you basically no effort to create. Well, this creamy soup brings the comfort, the convenience, and the flavor factor. It’s everything you want out of a slow cooker soup.
The only prep you have to do before you throw everything in the slow cooker is browning the meat and a little bit of chopping. Once it’s in, you can walk away and forget about it until dinner time. With the balance of the veggies with the cheesy tortellini and creamy broth, this creamy dish will warm you from the inside out! It’s a cold weather staple for sure.
Creamy Pork Tortellini Soup
15 minutes active, 5 hours inactive
- 1 pound ground pork, browned
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups half and half
- 12 ounce package three-cheese tortellini
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup milk
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place the browned pork, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, chicken bouillon powder, salt, and broth in the slow cooker insert. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Uncover, and skim off any fat that's sitting on top of the soup. Mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and stir the mixture into the soup followed by the half-and-half.
- Stir in the tortellini, cover the soup, and cook on high for 45 more minutes. Add in spinach, pressing down leaves until submerged, recover and cook 10 more minutes. Pour in milk, season with salt and pepper, and serve. Enjoy!