We’ve got a recipe that is great as an after school snack or a simple dinner for pretty much any day of the week. It’s a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen, too, so they’re not snarking at mom or dad to hurry up and make dinner! Our pepperoni pizza ring is definitely a favorite in our house and something that can feed a hungry crowd in under 30 minutes. Just a few items from the grocery store are all we need to whip up a pizza ring.
Some refrigerated crescent rolls from the grocery store provide the base for the pizza. They’re separated into triangles then overlapped into a beautiful star-shaped ring. We then add a layer of cheese, then sauce, followed by more cheese and, in this case, slices of pepperoni. The pointed ends of the crescent triangles are then tucked over and under the base, transforming the star into a pizza-riffic ring. We bake it off in the oven for just a few minutes to get the crust nice and golden. Once it comes out, we can slice our pizza ring into perfect servings of piping hot pepperoni pizza.
Just think of all the possibilities! This can be a veggie pizza, sausage, even Hawaiian with slices of ham and pineapple. When we’re serving this as an appetizer, we might put out a bowl of cool and creamy ranch sauce for folks to dip their pizza in. When we make it for dinner, we serve up a bright green salad. No matter how you slice it, this pepperoni pizza ring is one dandy of a dinner or snack. Easy to make, and clean up is a snap because there will hardly be a crumb left on the platter!
Pepperoni Pizza Ring
Serves 4-6; 30 minutes
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ pound pepperoni, sliced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to temperature as directed on crescent roll packaging. Lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll both cans of dough, separate along perforated lines into triangles. Overlap triangles at the widest point, with the narrow end pointing outward, to form a circle.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly around the ring, then top with spoonfuls of sauce, spreading evenly into one layer. Top with pepperoni slices and remaining half cup of cheese.
- Fold pointed end of each triangle over top of filling, tucking dough under the bottom layer to secure. Sprinkle top of dough with Italian seasoning and bake until dough is cooked through and golden brown, about 18-22 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing to serve.