We love to have a few crowd-friendly finger foods in our recipe box for those times when we want to serve up something homemade but don’t want to be trapped in the kitchen while we entertain. When we’ve got a crowd coming over for a casual gathering of friends, these pepperoni bombs are easy to make and quick to serve, giving us more time to socialize! Cheesy pepperoni bombs make for a super delicious after-school snack, too, guaranteed to fill up those hungry kiddos after a busy day of school and activities.
Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, refrigerated biscuit dough, and a few spices and seasonings are all we need to put these together and, for us, this makes the dish even more appealing because it requires only a handful of ingredients. The process to make pepperoni bombs couldn’t be simpler, and once they come out of the oven, all golden and cheese-filled, we can hardly stand waiting long enough for them to cool down so we can take a bite. And these pepperoni bombs are a fun way to get the kids involved in the kitchen, as this is the perfect recipe to have eager little chefs put together. To serve, all we need is our favorite marinara sauce warmed for dipping.
We’ve made this with pepperoni and mozzarella, but just imagine all of the possibilities for fillings. Some of our favorite pizza toppings would easily work here, like chopped mushrooms, diced peppers, cooked ground sausage, and of course mozzarella cheese, so really the possibilities are endless. Our pepperoni pizza bombs are perfect for any tailgate or casual cocktail party when we want to keep everyone happily fed while still enjoying a fun time. These are super delicious, super satisfying, and almost too easy to make, which is why we love them so much!
- 3 (16 oz) cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- 60 slices pepperoni, pre sliced
- 30 cubes mozzarella
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Separate biscuits. Flatten each biscuit then place in center of each biscuit one slice of pepperoni, one cube of mozzarella, and one slice of pepperoni on top. Pull edges of biscuit around, pinching lightly to seal any openings. Then roll to create a ball.
- Place biscuit balls, seam side down on prepared baking dish. Once dish is filled, brush biscuits evenly with whisked egg, then sprinkle with Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are fully baked and golden brown. Serve with warmed marinara sauce.