Crescent roll dough is sure a handy thing to have around. It’s great for last minute dinner and snack ideas, but it doesn’t have to be basic pigs in a blanket. These Crunchy Nacho Crescent Dogs put the dough to good use, and the whole family can’t get enough of this recipe. They’re crunchy and ooeey-gooey and meaty. They’re totally delicious!
These are the ultimate late-night snack but they’re also great for game day or as a party appetizer. You could even make a teeny-tiny bite-size version with cocktail wieners! You’d just need to adjust baking time accordingly.
These dough wrapped dogs are oh-so-cheesy and have the perfect crunchy-doughy combination. They’ll satisfy just about any bout of hunger. So what’re you waiting for? Whip up this delicious snack!
Nacho Crescent Dogs
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 cups crushed Doritos
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Unroll the tube of crescent dough and put two triangles together to create a rectangle. Pinch together the perforated edges to ensure there are no gaps in the dough.
- Place the cheese in the center of the rectangle, then place a hot dog on top. Fold in the short edges of the dough and then roll dough completely over the hot dog, pinching edges together to make a tight seal.
- Repeat with remaining hot dogs. Brush each rolled dog with milk and then roll in the crushed Doritos.
- Place hot dogs on prepared baking sheet and bake until dough is cooked through and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately with or without your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!