We love a dessert in bar form; it’s easy to share and easy to love. And we especially love these beautiful boozy cheesecake bars. They take one of our favorite cocktails and turn it into a dessert that’s creamy and smooth and oh so delicious.
A crisp chocolate cookie crust forms the base for these Mudslide Cheesecake Bars. Then, espresso and Irish cream are mixed into a silky cheesecake batter. And let us tell you, Irish cream pairs perfectly with the smooth cheesecake (as does the espresso and chocolate). All in all, this is a dessert bar worth remembering. And one worth making time and time again!
Mudslide Cheesecake Bars
Serves 6-8; 30 minutes active, 3 hours inactive
- 30 Oreo cookies, crushed (3 cups crumbs)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 9x13-inch pan with foil, leaving 2 inches of overhang on each side so you can lift out bars easily later.
- In a food processor, crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in the 1/4 cup of melted butter until combined. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until crust is set, 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium until smooth, about 1 minute. Add cornstarch and espresso powder and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla and Irish cream liqueur. Spread mixture evenly over crust in pan.
- Bake until cheesecake is set around edges but still jiggles slightly in the center, 30-35 minutes. Cool for 1 hour on wire rack. Refrigerate 2 hours to set.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream and the 2 tablespoons of butter over high heat until just boiling. Remove from heat and pour the mixture over the chocolate chips. Stir until melted and smooth. Cool 10 minutes, then pour over chilled cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour to set.
- Use foil overhang to carefully lift bars from pan. Slice into 9x4 rows and serve. Enjoy!