This is an incredibly quick and delicious meal that makes quick work of dinner and great use of leftover rotisserie chicken. And while calling it a “casserole” may be a little bit of a stretch of the imagination (maybe it’s more of a flatbread?), we love that it’s so easily sliceable and servable. The flavor combo of the crispy bacon, tender chicken, and creamy ranch is out of this world and always leaves our family members asking for seconds. With this one, it certainly doesn’t hurt to make a double batch.
First things first, you want to unroll the crescent dough into the pan to make a large rectangular base. Crimp together the perforations so none of that amazing mayo-ranch sauce drips out. You bake it until it’s just golden brown before layering it with all the rest of those awesome ingredients and pop it back in the oven. When it comes out, you have a soft and slightly crispy bottom layer topped with creamy ranch, crunchy bacon, ooey gooey cheese, juicy tomatoes, and a little bite of green onion. It’s as tasty as quick dinners come!
Chicken Ranch Casserole
Serves 4-6 30 minutes
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread crescent rolls into prepared baking dish, sealing the perforated edges with your fingers. Bake until golden brown, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayo and ranch seasoning until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2/3 of the crumbled bacon, shredded chicken, and a 1/2 cup of the mayo mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spread remaining mayo mixture onto baked crescent dough, stopping 1/4 inch from the edges. Next, spread the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Bake until cheese is hot and melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and green onions. Enjoy!