Let us introduce you to one of our favorite no-bake summertime treats: a delicious Black Forest Cheesecake Pie! It’s basically impossible not to love it! Not only is it really tasty, but it’s super easy to make. Layering gives it a playful elegance, especially for something so simple and easy to prepare. We served this at a family BBQ and everyone thought it was just amazing. A few people even asked me for the recipe, so it’s safe to say it’s a winner! What we really love is how we can turn several store-bought ingredients into something that is super fun and tasty.
We could do this all from scratch, but we love that a few grocery store staples come off of the shelves to whip up a perfect summertime dessert. And this is a really great project for the kiddos, especially because it doesn’t require any baking. We love the layers of this pie, not only the visual layers but the layers of texture and flavors. A crumbly chocolate crust, cool cream cheese, chocolate, and a glossy layer of ruby red cherries are a magical combination of sweet deliciousness.
This pie really comes together in the refrigerator, so it’s best to make this a day before you plan on serving it. We have to resist just diving in with a fork because it’s just that good. Each slice comes out with these beautiful layers and boy-oh-boy, we can’t imagine how something so simple can come out so good! This dessert is a real show-stopper and the perfect end to any summertime meal. Enjoy!
Black Forest Cheesecake Pie
Serves 6-8; 20 minutes + refrigeration
- 1 9-inch round pre-made chocolate pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces prepared whipped cream topping
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar together in an large mixing bowl. Add vanilla and sour cream and continue to beat until well combined.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour half of mixture into prepared pie crust. With remaining half of mixture, add cocoa powder and powdered sugar and beat until well combined. Pour chocolate mixture over top of first layer, spread evenly to sides.
- Pour cherry pie filling over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.