If you’re not already on board, we’re here to convert you to the sea-salt-and-chocolate craze. It might not be well known as one of the best combos out there, but this duo is amazing and this recipe gives it the respect it deserves.
With five ingredients (that you probably already have in your pantry) and a microwave, you can easily whip up these fancy truffles. While they might seem basic, due to the relatively simple ingredients involved, the flavor is unparalleled. Trust us, you need to try these immediately!
Sea Salt Chocolate Truffles
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- cocoa powder, as needed
- Warm heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until just scalded. (Before it boils, when little air bubbles appear around the edge of the saucepan.)
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl and pour hot cream over them. Whisk until totally smooth and melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract and sea salt, then pour melted chocolate into a shallow dish and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Use a spoon or a melon baller to scoop out truffles. If using a spoon, roll truffles between your palms to create a ball, then roll them in cocoa powder.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate, then transfer truffles to fridge to chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from 12 TomatoesSKM: below-content placeholder